While we strive to keep this calendar as up-to-date as possible, please check with the venue's website for the latest information on each event listed.
- This event has passed.
Hub City Theatre Festival
August 6, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
Featuring New Brunswick’s District Jazz Band (high school and middle school musicians), live acoustic street performances, pop-up theatre, fire breathers, and sneak previews of musical and performance acts that will be featured throughout the entire Hub City Sounds series.
6 de agosto – (1pm a 6pm)
Hub City Festival de Teatro – El comienzo OFICIAL del Festival
en la Avenida Livingston, entre las calles George y New:
con la Banda de Jazz del distrito escolar de New Brunswick (músicos de la escuela intermedia y la escuela secundaria), presentaciones acústicas en vivo en las calles, teatro “pop up”, respiradores de fuego, y pre-estrenos de presentaciones y actos musicales que se presentarán a lo largo de toda la serie de música y conciertos.
Hub City Theatre Festival is the official kick-off event for the 5th anniversary of New Brunswick Cultural Center’s annual performing arts series- Hub City Sounds. This one day special event will include an outdoor street festival celebration featuring live music, dance, pop-up street theatre, fire jugglers, food and interactive visual arts displays (1pm -4pm)! A special Family Zone will be in the State Theatre from 1pm – 3pm with free crafts, face painting, & a kid friendly musical performance. The finale Main Stage Presentation will cap off the day in Crossroads Theatre, 4pm – 6pm, featuring theatrical staged readings and dance performances.
Free admission to all events!
August 6th, 1pm – 6pm, in front of downtown New Brunswick’s theatre row on Livingston Avenue between George Street Playhouse & New Street.
Produced by Artistic Director Ellen Valencia & New Brunswick Cultural Center’s Tracey O’Reggio Clark.
Join us for an outdoor block party celebration at the Hub City Theatre Festival – Street Festival! Featuring live music, dance, pop-up street theatre, fire jugglers, food vendors and interactive visual arts displays in Crossroads Theatre.
(between George Street Playhouse & New Street) in downtown New Brunswick, NJ
1pm – 4pm
- New Brunswick District Jazz Band
- Three Ds Juggling
- Denise Tejada – R&B Singer
- reThink Theatrical – Interactive street theatre performances from “Wonderland & You”
- Scarlet du Monde – Belly Dancer
- Anthony Carrera – Flamenco Guitar
- Black Circle Symphony – African Drum Circle
- Allison Scalera – Interactive projected light visual art display (VIP Room in Crossroads Theatre)
- ToniAnn Eisman – Photo Booth Board
Stop by for crafts, balloons, free face painting and help create the giant interactive Lego sculpture followed by a musical performance with Big Jeff! Recommended for families with children 8 and under.
15 Livingston Ave New Brunswick, NJ
1pm – 3pm
- Big Jeff Music – Songs & fun for young children
- Megan Lotts – Interactive Lego sculpture
- Kathy Desir – Free face painting
Main Stage Production
Complete the day at the finale Main Stage Production in Crossroads Theatre featuring theatrical staged readings, dance & musical performances.
7 Livingston Ave New Brunswick, NJ
- Crossroads Theatre Company presents The Cliquot Brothers Tap Quintet performing Big Moe’s Blues
- coLAB Arts presents a staged reading excerpt by playwright Antu Yacob – “Love in Submission”
- “Al” – An excerpt performance of a new play by Nicole Murray (Directed by Nicole Murray & Ellen Valencia)
- Lauren Pompey – A modern dance performance
- Dave Seaman & Mariella Klinger – A musical Theatre performance
- “To Be Young Gifted & Black” – An excerpt (directed by Ellen Valencia)